Originally posted August 10, 2020.
Colorado Republican Congressional candidate Lauren Boebert has seen a groundswell of support. She made her name standing up to Rep. Beto O’Rourke’s threat to “take your AR-15s.” Many Coloradans have gotten behind Boebert’s straight talk platform. Boebert is part of a new breed of Republican candidates standing up to fight against AOC and her “Squad.” Here’s more about Boebert from her campaign website:
Lauren Boebert is a Coloradoan living on the Western Slope who believes in personal freedom, citizen rights, and upholding the Constitution of the United States. She is the founder, owner, and operator of Shooters Grill, a restaurant that earned national notoriety for staff that proudly open carry as they serve their customers. She gained additional recognition in September 2019 by attending presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke’s rally to tell him directly: “Hell, no, you won’t take our guns.” When Colorado’s liberal state government voted for the state to join the National Popular Vote Compact and hand our votes for President of the United States to California, Lauren became the second-largest signature gatherer (over 229,000 signatures were gathered statewide), ensuring that voters would have the opportunity to repeal NPV this fall. If repealed, it will be the first time since the 1930’s that a law was repealed via citizen petition. Lauren is active in her church and has spent years counseling at-risk women at the local jail, encouraging them to become self-sufficient and productive members of society who do not depend on government assistance. She is an avid supporter of President Trump and his policies to Make America Great Again.
“There is a battle for the heart and soul of our country that I intend on helping win,” said Lauren. “I’m running for Congress to stand up for our conservative values, address our current representatives’ failed promises, and put far-left Democrats back in their place.”
“Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the Squad and the rest of these left-wing lunatics are taking a wrecking ball to our country while our current representative stays utterly silent,” Lauren said. “Hard-working, patriotic Americans like you and me don’t want the Green New Deal and socialized medicine. Every time AOC and the rest of the Squad pipes up with another crazy idea, I will remind them that our belief in God, Country and Family are what built the United States of America into the greatest nation the world has ever known.”
Lauren’s husband, Jayson, has worked his entire adult life in oil and gas fields, primarily in Western Colorado. They are the proud parents of four boys.
Learn more about Boebert from an early interview with ABC about her restaurant, Shooters Grill. Boebert has already realized that America is, as Taki Theodorocopulous says “under attack by anarchists and thugs.” Best to get your guns and training now.
You can donate to Lauren’s campaign here.
Jeffersonian Democracy is the set of political goals of the followers of American Thomas Jefferson. It comprises a major interpretation of republican values. It dominated American politics in the period of the First Party System, 1800-1820s, and continued influential into the 1930s. After 1860 it was part of the conservative beliefs of the Bourbon Democrats such as Grover Cleveland. In the 1930s the small government theme became a rallying point of the anti-New Deal Democrats associated with Al Smith and the American Liberty League.
The core political value of America is representative Democracy; citizens have a civic duty to aid the state and resist corruption, especially monarchism and aristocracy.
- The Yeoman Farmer best exemplifies republican virtue and independence from corrupting city influences; government policy should be for his benefit. Financiers, bankers, and industrialists make cities the cesspools of corruption, and should be avoided.
- Americans have a duty to spread what Jefferson called the “Empire of Liberty” to the world, but should avoid “entangling alliances.”
- The national government is a dangerous necessity to be instituted for the common benefit, protection, and security of the people, nation or community; it should be watched closely and circumscribed in its powers. Most Anti-Federalists from 1787-88 joined the Jeffersonians.
- Republicanism, also known as representative Democracy, is the best form of government and representative democracy is needed to prevent the tyranny by the majority, as Madison explained in Federalist No. 10
- The federal government must not violate the rights of the states. The Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions of 1798 (written secretly by Jefferson and Madison) proclaim these principles.
- Freedom of speech and the press is the best method to prevent the tyranny of the people by their own government. Their violation by the Alien and Sedition Acts of 1798 became a major issue.
- A standing army and navy are dangerous to liberty and should be avoided; much better was to use economic coercion such as the embargo.
If you’re willing to fight for Main Street America, click here to sign up for my free weekly email.