As Victor Davis Hanson offers, Ukraine’s diehard resistance has exposed much:
- Revealing Russian military weakness
- Reminding the world of Putin’s cruelty
- Insulating western Ukraine from the worst of the Russian devastation
- Buying weeks if not months for rearmament and resupply in free areas of Ukraine
- Allowing critical time and space for growing urban resistance to Russian occupations
In American Greatness, VDH explains the four classical choices Ukrainians have, depending on reason, morality, and emotion. Also, not to be overlooked, Hanson adds, will be the pulse of the battlefield in the next few days.
Are Putin’s Russians tiring and simply want the mess just to go away? Or are they ashamed of their initial disorganization and now increasingly buoyed that their sheer numbers and savagery can still crush Ukraine?
Are the Ukrainians nearing exhaustion as their families live in rubble in wintertime and their dead pile up? Or are they just getting started, given the ferocious toll in men, planes, and tanks they are exacting on the supposedly invincible Russians?
If you’re willing to fight for Main Street America, click here to sign up for the Richardcyoung.com free weekly email.