Even as the predominately Democratic cities bleed, political machines are hard to polish off. And Republicans have a long way to go, argues Daniel McCarthy in Spectator.US.
Joe Biden, alive, is head of a dead party. Mr. McCarthy believes Democrats have a demographic problem: “… the exiguous margins of their hold on the House and Senate, with fewer than 51 percent of the seats in either chamber, tell another story, as does the desperation of their struggle to abolish the filibuster and federalize election law.”
As Democratic cities bleed and burn, the absurdity abounds.
In a group photograph, 17 members of the Biden cabinet pose masked and socially distant. This, though they have all been vaccinated. The idea that they might transmit or be afflicted by the coronavirus is simply goofy, declares Conrad Black.
In American Greatness, Mr. Black notes that the United States has never in its history been so battered by self-hate and belittled by angry minorities.
- The cover of Vogue magazine is featuring a seriously overweight African American woman. This is not Vogue and what is she doing there?
- Police invade churches to remove socially distant unmasked mothers of newborn children.
- CBS 60 Minutes simply lies about Florida governor Ron DeSantis, is exposed, and then repeats the story.
- A nerve-racking and obnoxious black-masked woman calls for “respect” and “dignity” in a grating voice from U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas)—by which she means that he must not attempt to photograph from his cell phone desperately overcrowded conditions in holding facilities for unaccompanied minors illegally crossing the southern border.
15 April: Happy National Banana Day (really)
- Joe Biden declares that the country is afflicted by “systemic racism,” though he knows this to be false.
- Biden declared the attack on the Capitol on January 6 was “white supremacist” as was the conduct of the Capitol police on that occasion, another falsehood.
- Biden regularly declares an “existential crisis” over climate change, for which there is not a shred of real evidence either.
- Biden says that if everyone remains masked and socially distant for another three months, they may be able to have a couple of family members over for a hotdog on July 4. There is not the slightest excuse for waiting until then.
- The United States government is complicit with the vicious drug and slave gangs of Mexico in the importation of large numbers of illegal migrants, up to 80 percent of whom are sexually violated on their way to the southern U.S. border.
- Virtually the entire state school system and almost all of the university academy are peddling the lie that the United States was established as a slaveholding enterprise as its raison d’etre, effectively up until Black Lives Matter exposed this heinous state of affairs and promised to “burn America down” if it were not changed.
- Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen is trying to recruit the entire world to pledge to raise corporate taxes—an insane and fatuous concept.
Richard Nixon’s warning that the United States could become “a pitiful helpless giant” eerily appears to be coming to pass. Except that it really isn’t, continues Mr. Black:
- 90 percent of Americans think only eligible American citizens should vote in American elections.
- 80 percent of Americans think that all who enter the country should do so legally.
- A solid majority of Americans recognize that China is a threat to American democracy and our national security and that this threat must be resisted.
If you’re willing to fight for Main Street America, click here to sign up for the Richardcyoung.com free weekly email.