Hidden within pending immigration legislation are slush funds for far left leaning groups such as La Raza as M. Stanton Evans explains at Investors.com.
Laundry List Of Services
As to the services to be provided by such groups, the legislation lists:
• Supplying information to illegals and the public on “the eligibility and benefits of registered provisional immigrant status.”
• Completing application forms and petitions for immigrants, obtaining documents and other relevant data.
• “Applying for any waivers” from restrictions on illegals and qualifying family members.
• Helping individuals seeking to “adjust their status” to permanent residence.
• “Applying for United States citizenship …”
Among the features of the bill in terms of immigration enforcement are provisos concerning drunken driving in the U.S. Two prior convictions for this offense would not disqualify an immigrant for legalization, but a third offense, after the bill is passed, may disqualify a migrant from becoming a citizen.
Similar rules apply to counterfeiting or altering passports: three such instances are forbidden, meaning two would be permitted. As to selling or forging materials used in making passports, the bill says 10 such instances are verboten, that nine won’t be a problem.
Another provision would protect aliens who have been “ordered excluded, deported or removed” from the country. Such aliens, under the bill, “may apply for registered provisional status,” and, by this one step, avoid removal.
Pending approval of their applications, the aliens “shall not be considered unlawfully present unless the Secretary of Homeland Security personally intervenes to order their removal.” This is unlikely, at best.
The secretary, or an immigration judge, could stop deportation of illegals on humanitarian or family-unity grounds or simply in “the public interest” if they decide to do so. “Public interest” is essentially undefined in the legislation.
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- How to Help Your Child Before Tragedy Strikes at School: Part II - February 23, 2018
- Take a Drive with Us to Cannon Mtn. in the Live Free or Die State - February 22, 2018
- November Mid-Terms: It’s the Economy Stupid - February 21, 2018