On his blog, Dr. Joseph Mercola explains links between obesity, diabetes, toxic seed oils, and COVID-19. He writes (abridged):
Diabetes deaths surged during the COVID-19 pandemic, rising 17% in 2020
- Even diabetics who didn’t get COVID-19 suffered, often falling victim to isolation, social distancing, lack of medical care and fear
- Diabetes deaths and diabetes-caused amputations and intensive care admissions have plagued diabetes patients who delayed medical care during the pandemic; ‘The diagnosis was uncontrolled diabetes, but it was caused by COVID fear’
- Among 8- to 20-year-olds, Type 2 diabetes diagnoses tripled in 2020 at Children’s National Hospital in Washington, D.C.; school closures and reduced physical activity triggered by the pandemic were likely factors in the sudden rise
- Among U.S. adults who responded to the American Psychological Association’s 2021 Stress in America poll, 42% said they had gained more weight than they intended since the pandemic started
- Eliminating ultraprocessed foods is an essential part of tackling both obesity and Type 2 diabetes, in part because it lowers your intake of toxic seed oils that are driving both conditions.
If you’re willing to fight for Main Street America, click here to sign up for my free weekly email.