“Your Survival Guy” found himself rummaging through the kitchen drawer Halloween night, looking for some flashlights to give to his son and his four friends before they hit the streets.
Once again, “Your Survival Guy” was caught off guard for not having enough flashlights on hand and for not testing the ones he did have. We’re talking the cheap flashlights here. You know, the ones you can get at Amazon.com, not the ones from Surefire.
Patience is nowhere to be found when free candy is just around the corner. This survival stuff is not an easy job.
As a simple maintenance drill, “Your Survival Guy” will be clicking away at Amazon.com today for some AmazonBasics AAA and AA Performance Alkaline Batteries (48-Pak) since my kitchen drawer has been emptied.
Did you know batteries can last up to ten-years in storage? What’s not to like?
- Pack of 48 1.5V AAA/AA Alkaline Batteries
- Improved anti-corrosion components and new zinc composition resulting in 10-years anti-leakage shelf life
- Designed to provide reliable and lasting performance for both high and low drain devices
- Unique Japanese technology that enables better performance after storage, over-discharge, and high temperatures
- Works with a variety of devices including digital cameras, game controllers, toys, and clocks; do not attempt to recharge
You can store your mini flashlights and batteries in a small container from Staples where I happened to be over the weekend getting ready for the Patriots game where tailgating brings prep to another level.
You can’t be over prepared as thousands of New Englanders are still without power from Sunday’s Nor’easter. And every storm is different. With this one, there wasn’t much of a warning before hurricane-force gusts were upon us.
You can learn a lot from the mistakes of “Your Survival Guy.”
Originally posted on Yoursurvivalguy.com.
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Tucker Carlson Is the Most Important Voice in America - September 19, 2019
- This is Why Vanguard is Too Big - September 18, 2019
- Your Retirement Life: To Everything There is a Season - September 17, 2019