- Older workers, women, minorities, seniors and the less-educated all are faring better in the labor force today than they did under President Obama.
- The jobless rate for Americans age 16 to 24 hit a 50-year low this summer.
- In May, the black unemployment rate dipped to 5.9%, the lowest number on record at the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- People who had stopped looking for work are sending out resumes.
- More people are quitting jobs because they are confident that a better one awaits.
- Employers are increasing perks and benefits in an effort to attract new hires and keep the ones they already have.
- There were 6.7 million job openings last quarter, a 17-year high.
Read more here.
Originally posted on August 23, 2018.
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- The Oddly Overlooked Logic Behind the Toilet Paper Crisis - April 7, 2020
- Are Ventilators a Bridge to Nowhere? - April 6, 2020
- In the Age of Coronavirus –Separating the Political Wheat from the Chaff - April 3, 2020