- Older workers, women, minorities, seniors and the less-educated all are faring better in the labor force today than they did under President Obama.
- The jobless rate for Americans age 16 to 24 hit a 50-year low this summer.
- In May, the black unemployment rate dipped to 5.9%, the lowest number on record at the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- People who had stopped looking for work are sending out resumes.
- More people are quitting jobs because they are confident that a better one awaits.
- Employers are increasing perks and benefits in an effort to attract new hires and keep the ones they already have.
- There were 6.7 million job openings last quarter, a 17-year high.
Read more here.
Originally posted on August 23, 2018.
If you’re willing to fight for Main Street America, click here to sign up for the Richardcyoung.com free weekly email.