Thomas Sowell has sensible ideas on how to help fix, not ruin, our medical system, which, as he notes, is among the best in the world.
1. Pass federal legislation that would end state legislation of insurance companies and thus mandates. Insurance companies are forced to pay for everything from wigs to marriage counseling, depending upon which special interest groups have the most power within each state.
2. Doctors and hospitals are forced to practice “defensive” medicine in order to protect themselves from being sued by unscrupulous lawyers. Tort reform is a must.
As Mr. Sowell points out, some people are willing to pay more for a private room rather than be in a room with one or more other patients. That’s a simple economic fact of life. Get off the “Cadillac” health plan nonsense. This is nothing but class warfare.
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- Finally Coming to America: Accountability, Transparency, Blind Justice - May 17, 2019
- Bill Barr Keeps His Sense of Humor over Partisan Furies - May 16, 2019
- Back to the Obama/Biden Years? - May 15, 2019