What does Hillary Clinton propose to do about the “Obamacare death spiral”? Francis Menton of the Manhattan Contrarian perused Mrs. Clinton’s website to find out what she proposes. Mr. Menton addresses Hillary’s first five “detailed proposals” on how she would shift more and more taxpayer money to “paper over the problem and pretend that this is free.”
- Defend and expand the Affordable Care Act, which covers 20 million people. Hillary will stand up to Republican-led attacks on this landmark law—and build on its success to bring the promise of affordable health care to more people and make a “public option” possible. She will also support letting people over 55 years old buy into Medicare.
- Bring down out-of-pocket costs like copays and deductibles. American families are being squeezed by rising out-of-pocket health care costs. Hillary believes that workers should share in slower growth of national health care spending through lower costs.
- Reduce the cost of prescription drugs. Prescription drug spending accelerated from 2.5 percent in 2013 to 12.6 percent in 2014. It’s no wonder that almost three-quarters of Americans believe prescription drug costs are unreasonable. Hillary believes we need to demand lower drug costs for hardworking families and seniors.
- Protect consumers from unjustified prescription drug price increases from companies that market long-standing, life-saving treatments and face little or no competition. Hillary’s plan includes new enforcement tools that make drug alternatives available and increase competition, broaden emergency access to high-quality treatments from developed countries with strong safety standards, and hold drug companies accountable for unjustified price increases with new penalties.
- Fight for health insurance for the lowest-income Americans in every state by incentivizing states to expand Medicaid—and make enrollment through Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act easier.
“Higher and higher costs pay for a situation that only gets worse,” writes Mr. Menton. “The socialist death spiral!”
Read more from the Manhattan Contrarian here.
Clinton Controversially Claims that Health Care is a Right
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- MSM – the Enemy of the American People? - August 17, 2018
- Brown-Shirted Thuggery at Bucolic Middlebury College - August 17, 2018
- Fix Income Disparity: Ship the Wealthy to Venezuela - August 17, 2018