Wednesday in California, President Trump spoke about MS-13 gang members, many of whom have repeatedly re-entered the United States illegally and committed heinous crimes, reports Bre Payton in The Federalist.
Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims told Trump that she cannot report an MS-13 member to federal authorities unless he met a “certain threshold,” which she felt made her city unsafe.
Here’s how Trump responded: “You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are. These aren’t people. These are animals. And we’re taking them out of the country at a level and at a rate that’s never happened before.”
The media seem to be having a field day with Trump’s statement on members of the MS-13 gang. These MS-13 members, details Ms. Payton, “have stabbed teen girls to death, ripped their victims’ hearts out, beheaded them, removed their hands, and sexually tortured them, are behaving like animals. “
Yet here’s how some media outlets have covered President Trump’s “animal” comment.
- The New York Times:Trump Calls Some Unauthorized Immigrants ‘Animals’ in Rant
- The Root:President Trump Called Undocumented Immigrants ‘Animals’ and That’s Exactly What He Meant
- Vox: Trump on deported immigrants: ‘They’re not people. They’re animals.’
- HuffPo:Trump Refers To Immigrants As ‘Animals.’ Again.
- Sky News:Trump: Illegal immigrants are ‘animals’
- ABC 10 News: Trump Calls Some Immigrants ‘Animals’ In Sanctuary Policy Meeting
Read more from The Federalist here.
If you’re willing to fight for Main Street America, click here to sign up for the Richardcyoung.com free weekly email.