Wednesday in California, President Trump spoke about MS-13 gang members, many of whom have repeatedly re-entered the United States illegally and committed heinous crimes, reports Bre Payton in The Federalist.
Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims told Trump that she cannot report an MS-13 member to federal authorities unless he met a “certain threshold,” which she felt made her city unsafe.
Here’s how Trump responded: “You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are. These aren’t people. These are animals. And we’re taking them out of the country at a level and at a rate that’s never happened before.”
The media seem to be having a field day with Trump’s statement on members of the MS-13 gang. These MS-13 members, details Ms. Payton, “have stabbed teen girls to death, ripped their victims’ hearts out, beheaded them, removed their hands, and sexually tortured them, are behaving like animals. “
Yet here’s how some media outlets have covered President Trump’s “animal” comment.
- The New York Times:Trump Calls Some Unauthorized Immigrants ‘Animals’ in Rant
- The Root:President Trump Called Undocumented Immigrants ‘Animals’ and That’s Exactly What He Meant
- Vox: Trump on deported immigrants: ‘They’re not people. They’re animals.’
- HuffPo:Trump Refers To Immigrants As ‘Animals.’ Again.
- Sky News:Trump: Illegal immigrants are ‘animals’
- ABC 10 News: Trump Calls Some Immigrants ‘Animals’ In Sanctuary Policy Meeting
Read more from The Federalist here.
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- MSM – the Enemy of the American People? - August 17, 2018
- Brown-Shirted Thuggery at Bucolic Middlebury College - August 17, 2018
- Fix Income Disparity: Ship the Wealthy to Venezuela - August 17, 2018