Pete Buttigieg comes across as more moderate than Bernie Sanders because he has a more soothing demeanor. And to his credit, Mayor Pete does not sound like a “screeching harridan” like the hectoring Elizabeth Warren, notes Roger Kimball in Spectator.US.
Mayor Pete sounds reasonable, “so long as you ponder the timber of his voice and don’t ponder the substance of what he says,” including quoting and misquoting scripture.
Mayor Pete, the openly gay son of the editor and translator of Antonio Gramsci’s Prison Notebooks, which touts the idea that “Communist dictatorship can only come to free countries by means of a ‘long march through institutions, cultural as well as political.”
Well just look at our universities, elite cultural institutions of the media, and the so-called arts community, continues Mr. Kimball, “to see how well the left has accomplished this,” especially with respect to the universities.
Paul Kengor, a professor at Grove City College and an expert in communism and progressivism, tells the Washington Examiner that Buttigieg, the elder, “was among a group of leftist professors who focused on injecting Marxism into the wider culture.”
Mayor Pete Looking to Finish the Job?
Mayor Pete has a list of what he would do if president:
- pack the Supreme Court with six more seats
- abolish the electoral college (it’s ‘undemocratic’, he says)
- disarm the populace (a precaution tyrants always take)
- provide a ‘glide path‘ for the government takeover of healthcare
- open the borders
- force taxpayers to foot the bill for college, even for illegal immigrants
- offer amnesty to illegal immigrants
It’s a good start, Comrade.
For more on the dangers of socialism, see Sen. Rand Paul’s new book The Case Against Socialism.
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- Is Bernie Sanders Unstoppable? - February 18, 2020
- AG Barr Restoring Justice and Accountability at Justice - February 14, 2020
- Paris Evenings – Deliciously Specific to Time and Place - February 14, 2020