President Trump delivered a long and wide-ranging speech to conservative activists at CPAC on Saturday. The Hill’s Tal Axelrod narrowed down nine of its most important moments. He writes:
President Trump delivered a freewheeling speech Saturday at the 2019 Conservative Political Action Conference that often veered off script and hit on a slew of familiar themes as the White House gears up for the 2020 election.
Trump spoke to a rapt audience at the largest annual conservative summit in an address that featured invectives against the president’s political enemies, several standing ovations and little daylight between the White House and its base.
- Trump jokes about Russia, Clinton’s emails
- Trump slams “little shifty Schiff”
- Trump defends emergency declaration
- Trump addressed the fallout over Otto Warmbier comments
- Trump attacks Democrats over “socialism”
- Trump will soon sign a free speech executive order
- Trump mocked Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii) as “crazy”
- Trump mocks former Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s accent
- Trump came on stage hugging the American flag
Read more here.
Latest posts by Richard C. Young (see all)
- Much is Promising About the Nationalist Project - July 19, 2019
- “The Neocons Colonized the Zombie-Like Conservative Movement” - July 19, 2019
- Four Questions You Should Ask Before Investing in Stocks - July 19, 2019