On a recent seven-day road trip on beautiful Rt. 100 through Mad River Valley and Stowe, Vermont and into North Hatley, Quebec, we stopped along the way in Amherst, Mass (U. Mass.) and Middlebury ,Vermont (Middlebury College). What comes quickly to mind observing the political tic referred to as Democratic Socialism, Freak Out!
You remember the record by Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention?
The Mothers produced, to be kind, a mixed bag of reviews.
If you are planning a New England research road trip, college bound student in hand, prepare yourself for the freak show. I cannot think quickly of a campus I would advise you to even visit. Debbie and I have spent over two decades winding our way through New England on Harleys. There is hardly a corner of the six-state region of which I’m not pretty familiar.
Along with the collapsing brick factories, dilapidated three-decker housing tenements, abandoned barns and farmhouses, are hordes of multi-color haired, tattooed, and nose ringed-students, blighting the college campuses.
Nary a tweed jacket, ROTC flag or Constitutional Studies major to be seen.
As for those fraternity houses of a more stable time, I don’t even want to start down the road of disgraceful college mandates and absurdities. Needless to say, the game for all intents and purposes is over.
Finally, there is hardly a campus church I suspect most people would want to join within a country mile. Today they seem like gathering places for misfits, food kitchen lines, protests and garish banners of one progressive/liberal cause or another.
Read more about the culture war in these recent posts from Richardcyoung.com:
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: the Future of the Democratic Party?
- Obama’s Legacy: Monitor, Audit, Investigate Non-Progressives
- The Vindication of Justice Clarence Thomas
- The New York Times: Applying Different Standards to Different Groups
- A Quiz to the Guiding Principles on Racism and Sexism
Latest posts by Richard C. Young (see all)
- Here’s What You Need to Know about Dividends - March 20, 2019
- Rep. Ilhan Omar Calls President Trump, “Not Really Human” - March 19, 2019
- College Admission Scandal Probed by WSJ‘s Peggy Noonan - March 18, 2019