First report we have received from the Keys. Very little news coming out after Irma. The info seems sound, but cannot assure accuracy.
- Stock Island: Multiple trailers damaged.
- Downed utility pole blocking 20th
- Old Town: Counted 10-20 utility poles down and 20 fallen trees.
- Navigation hazards posted for Key West waters.
- Precautionary boil water notice.
- No power, cell or phone service south of Islamorada.
- Fire-rescue, National Guard clearing highway with chainsaws.
- Snake Creek Bridge NOT compromised.
- Heaviest damage from Marathon to lower Keys.
- Monroe County closed until further notice.
The following two tabs change content below.
Debbie, editor-in-chief of Richardcyoung.com, has been associate editor of Dick Young’s investment strategy reports for over three decades. When not in Key West, Debbie spends her free time researching and writing in and about Paris and Burgundy, France, cooking on her AGA Cooker, driving her Porsche Boxter S through Vermont and Maine, and practicing yoga.
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- Senator Elizabeth Warren Chairs a Century-Long Taxpayer Fleecing - August 22, 2019
- Democratic Candidates Forced to Resort to “Wealth Inequality” - August 21, 2019
- Identity Politics Now the Driving Force of the Democratic Party - August 20, 2019