The first time Roger Kimball heard about ivermectin was early on in the era of COVID. Here’s what was going on at that time, writes Mr. Kimball in the Spectator:
- The U.S. still had a functioning president.
- We had yet to arm the Taliban or give them the names of Americans and Afghan allies they might want to execute.
- A vaccine against the worst scourge since the Black Death was, if the experts were to be believed, years, maybe decades away.
What the Experts Got Wrong
- Donald Trump’s Manhattan Project approach to getting a vaccine developed in record time bore fruit.
- Pfizer had the first vaccine ready to go before the 2020 election, but selflessly waited until just after the election to make the announcement.
- Pfizer and the other drug companies in on Operation Warp Speed, have been playing the opening bars of Pink Floyd’s song ‘Money’ nonstop at corporate headquarters ever since.
- Everyone must be vaccinated, twice (plus boosters) at government (i.e. taxpayer) expense immediately and forever.
Bad Boy Joe Rogan Survives COVID
According to Mr. Kimball’s doctor, his doctor that he could lose his license to practice medicine for prescribing ivermectin. Since the winter of 2020, how things have changed. Many people are now touting the potent therapeutic properties of ivermectin, “including bad-boy podcaster extraordinaire Joe Rogan, who came down with COVID and decided to ‘throw the kitchen sink at it’.”
Inside the sink was ivermectin, along with hydroxychloroquine, monoclonal antibodies (whatever they are), Z-Pak and prednisone. That started on a Sunday, when he felt shabby. By Wednesday, he reported, he ‘felt great’.
The current hostility to ivermectin is of a piece with the earlier hostility to hydroxychloroquine: it was cheap, Donald Trump took it, it must be bad. What really is bad are the proliferating health nazis who are sprouting up like mushrooms — toadstools — everywhere. In some places — Australia, for example, they come bearing the police power of the state and are harassing and incarcerating people for going about their everyday lives. It’s ridiculous.
COVID, the original and all its variations thus far, is dangerous to a tiny part of the population. For most of us, it is no more (but also no less) dangerous than the flu. Sure, we should wash our hands and if you are vulnerable you should be take measures to isolate yourselves from risky situations. If I were you, I would also consider stocking up on ivermectin and the other items of Joe Rogan’s cocktail.
Wake Up American
As Tom Pierce writes in the Daily Wire:
How could we get to the point in the country where you would want to have someone lose their job because of their choice about the vaccine or not? I mean, look, some folks have reasons to do — maybe they’re making the wrong decision — but to put them out of work and not let them earn a living because of this.
Fundamentally wrong, says Florida Governor Ron DeSantis:
I just think that that’s fundamentally wrong,
I do not believe that people should lose their jobs over this issue, and we will fight that. If they try to do that through a rule like the Department of Labor, I don’t think they have the legal authority to do that, but we obviously would want to support protections for people who are just trying to earn a living.
If you’re willing to fight for Main Street America, click here to sign up for the Richardcyoung.com free weekly email.