Today most of Eastern New England is wrapped in a blizzard. Heavy snow and fierce winds are making conditions extremely difficult for travelers. But there are a number of ways to get around in the snow, though some of them are unorthodox.
- Snow shoes: These surface area enhancers can keep a person walking on top of the snow, not trudging waist deep. A great option if you have a good overland route, but traveling on snowshoes is a slow affair.
- Cross country skis: Skiing around is popular in many Nordic countries where regular snow pack conditions make it preferable to trudging through the slush. These are a great option for getting around in winter, but require a modest level of skill. They can also get bogged down in deep snow.
- Snowmobile: For traveling fast over snow, there may not be a better bet than a snowmobile. The downsides of snowmobiles are that they require fuel and regular maintenance. Dependability can be an issue for snow machines, but there’s a reason they remain the top choice for anyone living in a cold weather environment where traveling through the snow is not optional.
Read the rest of this post on Yoursurvivalguy.com.
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Democrats Want to Smash the Constitution - March 20, 2019
- Judge Amy Coney Barrett Stakes Out Support for Broad Second Amendment Rights - March 19, 2019
- A Cyber-attack Didn’t Take Down Venezuela’s Power Grid, Socialism Did - March 18, 2019