Yesterday I wrote to you about the ability of car thieves to use the signal from your key fob to steal your car. With more cars moving to key-less start, more Americans are exposed to this risk.
Here’s a List of Ways to Protect Yourself from Key Fob Car Theft:
- Store your key fobs in your freezer or microwave which are your in-home Faraday cages (they don’t have to be as impressive as the one in the image to the right to be functional).
- When you exit your vehicle, hit the lock button on your key fob several times to re-set the signal.
- Buy a storage bag or pouch that you can keep your key fobs in at home or take with you on road trips.
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Canadian Sniper Makes Record Breaking Kill Shot on ISIS Attacker - June 23, 2017
- Why the Democrat Party will Always Lose on Guns - June 22, 2017
- Illinois Bankruptcy? It Could Happen - June 21, 2017