Yesterday I wrote to you about the ability of car thieves to use the signal from your key fob to steal your car. With more cars moving to key-less start, more Americans are exposed to this risk.
Here’s a List of Ways to Protect Yourself from Key Fob Car Theft:
- Store your key fobs in your freezer or microwave which are your in-home Faraday cages (they don’t have to be as impressive as the one in the image to the right to be functional).
- When you exit your vehicle, hit the lock button on your key fob several times to re-set the signal.
- Buy a storage bag or pouch that you can keep your key fobs in at home or take with you on road trips.
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- A Cyber-attack Didn’t Take Down Venezuela’s Power Grid, Socialism Did - March 18, 2019
- The 16 States With Constitutional Carry - March 15, 2019
- Dick’s Sporting Goods’ Slow Divorce with American Gun Owners - March 14, 2019