What’s a simple way to survive at night? Light. Erich at TacticalIntelligence.net explains the benefits of a flashlight as a self-defense tool.
- There are No Restrictions: The great thing about flashlights is that, as of now, they are legal to carry in every state here in the U.S. as well as abroad (as far as I know). This is particularly advantageous for those living in nanny states where they’d arrest you if you were found carrying a chopstick.
There is also no restriction on carrying a flashlight on airplanes or in other areas where handguns are commonly prohibited (such as the post office). Given the way things are going here in the U.S. however, I wouldn’t be surprised if flashlights get added to the list of restricted weapons.
- Flashlights are Discreet: Flashlights in and of themselves are very discreet. If a flashlight were to drop out of your pocket or bag in a public area, it wouldn’t raise an eyebrow. Contrast that with the reaction you’d get if your knife, or worse, handgun were to drop on the floor as your sitting in a subway car – yeah, not good. Unless you have one of those 12-inch flashlights with razor-sharp beveled tips that more resembles a medieval mace than a flashlight, then you should be good.
- Disorientation Factor: Especially at night, there is something about getting a wallop of lumens hitting you square in the eyes that can mess with your orientation. Have you ever been pulled over by a cop and have him shine his Maglite in your face? It’s disconcerting; and meant to be so. Many confrontations and potential attacks can be thwarted by simply shining a bright flashlight in your would-be-attackers eyes.
Read more from Erich here.
Top 10 Best Flashlights | EDC [Everyday Carry], Outdoor, & Tactical — All Price Ranges
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Happy Easter: Meet the Man behind the Sweet, Parisian, Macaron - April 19, 2019
- Preparing Yourself for the Next Disaster: Let There Be Water - April 17, 2019
- How Are You Protecting Your Identity? - April 17, 2019