httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdtNU3-byLo Source: Lockheed Martin
The Lockheed Martin JAGM builds on an unmatched foundation of combat-proven precision air-to-ground missiles. We have successfully fielded missiles with all three of the JAGM seeker modes: precision-strike semi-active laser (SAL) on HELLFIRE, passive fire-and-forget imaging infrared (I2R) on Javelin, and all-weather fire-and-forget millimeter wave (MMW) on LONGBOW. To this firm foundation, we added the latest technology to give Warfighters expanded operational flexibility in addition to increased combat effectiveness and survivability with a single, low-cost next-generation advanced missile.
Fire-and-forget engagement modes, coupled with increased standoff employment ranges, significantly increase JAGM user survivability against threat defenses. The capability to actively or passively engage stationary and moving targets, day and night, despite adverse weather, battlefield obscurants and countermeasures greatly increases the employability of JAGM from multiple platforms against multiple targets. Point-designation engagement modes allow JAGM users to apply deadly force accurately across wide target sets with a single missile, thus avoiding fratricide and collateral damage. JAGM’s target sets include armor, air defense units, patrol craft, artillery, transporter erector/launchers, radar sites, C2 nodes, bunkers and other structures in urban and complex terrain.
Lockheed Martin’s single-missile configuration provides an affordable, low-risk solution that meets all Army, Navy and Marine Corps rotary-wing, fixed-wing and unmanned aerial system (UAS) requirements—with high modularity for rapid response to future requirements. This single missile for fixed- and rotary-wing platforms significantly reduces life-cycle cost, total system cost and logistics burdens with increasing operational flexibility ashore and afloat.
• Lock-on before and lock-on after-launch maximize operational employment
• Fire-and-forget engagements against moving and stationary targets in clear and adverse weather increase survivability
• Precision-point accuracy surpasses combat-proven HELLFIRE II
• Tri-mode seeker provides unmatched performance in adverse weather and robustness against countermeasures
• Modular design allows upgrades based on changing threats, providing operational flexibility on the battlefield
• Multi-purpose warhead defeats multiple heavy armor and soft land- or water-borne target sets
• Single IM rocket motor exceeds range and environmental requirements on both rotary- and fixed-wing platforms
• JAGM seamlessly integrates with F/A-18 E/F, OH-58 CASUP, AH-1Z, MH-60R, AH-64D and MQ-1C ERMP
• JAGM leverages mature technologies and early testing to reduce cost and risk
• JAGM significantly increases aircrew and aircraft survivability with its increased range, fire-and-forget and minimumsmoke characteristics
Press release May 2, 2011: Raytheon-Boeing Team Achieves Milestone with Test of JAGM’s Single Rocket Motor Solution