Congresswomen Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib, two members of the Democratic Squad, despite wanting to boycott everything Israeli, are taking their act to Israel. In what William McGurn (WSJ) calls “a great gift to Donald Trump,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is going to let them in.
Roger Simon in The Federalist lists some things the Congresswomen apparently do not know:
- Israel—a country where there is press freedom, unlike, say, Somalia.
- Palestinians are treated considerably better in Israel than in Lebanon.
- Tel Aviv, the most gay-friendly city in the world.
- Thousands of Syrians, many of them children, wounded in the Syrian civil war have been treated by Israeli doctors.
- A view from Israel – nothing but blooming farms.
- A view toward Lebanon – nothing but barren hills with a sprinkling of Hezbollah flags and gun emplacements.
- “Lebanese law restricts Palestinians’ ability to work in several professions, including law, medicine, and engineering, and bars them from receiving social security benefits.”
- “In 2001, the Lebanese parliament also passed a law prohibiting Palestinians from owning property.”
Israel – a World Leader in Cancer Research
Perhaps these stalwart Squad members want to rethink boycotting any and everything Israel, Mr. Simon advises. Especially for the sake of their own relatives one day.
Trial Begins at Eight Hospitals in Israel
Only this week they (Israel) made an advance in one of the most dreadful of cancers, pancreatic.
If the two congresswomen … come back to the United States repeating the same tripe they’ve been spouting about Israel and the Middle East for their short political careers, it will be clear to the public that they actually are what they accuse others of being: propagandists for lies.
In 1921, when it was suggested that the Jews were not necessary to the development of Palestine, Winston Churchill replied, “Left to themselves, the Arabs of Palestine would not in a thousand years have taken effective steps towards the irrigation and electrification of Palestine. They would have been quite content to dwell–a handful of philosophic people–in wasted, sun-drenched plains, letting the waters of the Jordan flow unbridled and unharnessed into the Dead Sea.”
Read more here.
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- Warren, Harris, Politifact—When Facts Get in the Way of the Narrative - August 16, 2019
- An Entire Class of People Shielded from Accountability - August 15, 2019
- 8 Ways to Tackle the Leftist Narrative - August 14, 2019