The crisis with the media is not that it is almost always wrong. The real crisis is that it is predictably wrong because, as Victor Davis Hanson in American Greatness cautions, journalists are lazy and biased.
For all practical purposes, journalists no longer exist for the general public as sources of news. Despite Joe’s verbal flubs, the media has not held Joe’s toes to the fire. “Nursed on media exemption,” Biden “grew ever haughtier.”
Joe Biden from Scranton
- (Joe) may have once bragged on tape that he got a Ukrainian prosecutor fired for daring to investigate corruption that involved his own wastrel son, Hunter.
- (Joe) may have had a history of racially charged condescension, ranging from commentary on his future boss Barack Obama:
- I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man”)
- (Joe) on purported predictable habits of Indian immigrants
- “You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.
- (Joe) may have had a bad habit as a candidate of plagiarizing and spreading fairy stories.
Christie Blasey Ford Inconsistent and Contradictory
During the Brent Kavanaugh debacle, the media blared that Christine Blasey Ford, despite her offering no accurate information on where and when, or even much about how, it the rape happened, was “convincing” and “to be believed” as well as “empathetic” and “obviously sincere.”
Despite reluctance even from Ford’s family to vouch for her story, her instant fame prompted a host of imitators to come forward with even more lurid accusations. “All were found unconvincing and some even were demonstrably lying, but many were initially reported as credible, continues VDH.
The media narrative concluded that the unbelievable Ford nonetheless was a folk hero because she alone had dared to try to abort the appointment of a conservative Supreme Court judge, empowered by the new mantra “women must be believed”—as in any accusation of male impropriety is fact.
Nemesis Meets Joe Biden
(Biden), a former loud adherent to the view that the accused has absolute credibility in such sexual harassment charges, now finds himself in the role of Kavanaugh, but without the latter’s clear evidence of innocence.
No One Can Believe the News Anymore
If you still believe reporters are journalists, most likely you also believe:
- Hollywood has actors and real scripts.
- China still poses as an important contributor to the international community.
- The World Health Organization assumes it is a go-to global health resource.
- The FBI Washington hierarchy is a protector of American freedom .
- John Brennan and James Clapper are distinguished senior “wise men.”
- Barack Obama oversaw the most scandal-free administration in history.
Media Coverage of Trump and Coronavirus
To understand the media coverage of the greatest economic self-inflicted wound in American history is simple: as long the virus remains active, Trump is cast as culpable for the spread of the epidemic by not locking down the country earlier and longer; once the virus disappears, Trump caused the ensuing depression by locking down the country too early and far too long.