Joe Biden spent his entire campaign accusing Donald Trump and Trump’s supporters of being evil, racists and white supremacists, Francis Menton reminds readers in the Manhattan Contrarian.
Joe Biden’s speech on 7 November:
I pledge to be a President who seeks not to divide, but to unify. Who doesn’t see red and blue states, but a United States. And who will work with all my heart to win the confidence of the whole people.
“What complete horseshit,” admonishes Mr. Menton:
Biden’s entire campaign was premised on accusing his opponent and his opponent’s supporters of being evil people, racists and white supremacists, vicious enemies of the poor and downtrodden. Those claims and accusations have continued even since the election, and there can be no doubt that they will go on indefinitely. The accusations fundamentally represent what the Democratic Party is, and who Joe Biden is. This is how they plan to stay in power.
Will Biden Repudiate Democratic Party Viciousness
If Biden were sincere about wanting to “unify” and to “win the confidence of the whole people,” he would immediately and firmly repudiate the ongoing torrent of viciousness spewing forth from the Democratic Party and from its members and supporters. But he won’t do that. He is not sincere. Until the repudiation of this viciousness occurs, Biden’s fake call for unity should be taken for what it is: obnoxious.
Below Francis Menton gives readers examples of Democratic viciousness:
- The Root, July 2018, “How the Republican Party Became The Party of Racism”: “[N]ot only is the Grand Ole Party unapologetically white, recently it has been disposing of its dog whistles in favor of bullhorns, becoming more unabashedly racist every day.”
- CounterPunch, August 2019: “The New Politics of the White (Supremacist) Evangelical Republican Party”:“It is . . . a fantasy that [President Trump’s] racist rhetoric and policies will turn off most Republicans and white evangelicals. The reason is simple—What Trump has achieved is the merger and consolidation of white supremacy, white evangelicalism and Republicanism into a party that simply is about racial identity. This is the new Republican Party.”
- A DNC Tweet (during President Trump’s event at Mount Rushmore):“Now he’s holding a rally glorifying white supremacy at Mount Rushmore — a region once sacred to tribal communities.” (The tweet was subsequently deleted.)
- The Democratic Association of Secretaries of State, in a fundraising initiative, June, characterized any push-back against universal mail-in voting as “white supremacy:
- America is going through an awakening, battling a killer that has haunted our nation since before its founding,” said a key Democratic group in a new fundraising drive. In a video to “end white supremacy,” the Democratic Association of Secretaries of State said that efforts to [supposedly] limit black voting [by limiting universal mail-in voting “is rooted in white supremacy.”
- A Twitter exchange between Senator Ted Cruz and AOC (Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez):I must say, Ted Cruz making poorly executed memes while riding in the quiet car of the White Supremacist Express is pretty on brand for both him and 2020.
- Bill McGurn (WSJ) compiled the list of Democratic viciousness, including these from Biden himself:In the first debate he called Mr. Trump a ‘racist,’ building on his earlier claim that Mr. Trump was America’s first racist president.
During a May 2019 campaign stop in New Hampshire, a woman came up to Mr. Biden and said Mr. Trump was ‘an illegitimate president in my mind.’
Mr. Biden’s response? “I absolutely agree.”
The Minions of Revenge
A group of prominent Democrats, post-election, have launched a project to exact revenge against Republicans for having had the audacity to support Trump, continues Mr. Menton.
- Congresswoman AOC, 6 November: Is anyone archiving these Trump sycophants for when they try to downplay or deny their complicity in the future?
- Michael Simon, a former staffer in the Obama administration, responded: Yes, we are. The Trump Accountability Project (@trumpaccproject). Every Administration staffer, campaign staffer, bundler, lawyer who represented them — everyone. https://t.co/PHx8v8GxOp.
- DNC Press Secretary Hari Sevugan: Employers considering [hiring ex-Trump administration staffers] should know there are consequences for hiring anyone who helped Trump attack American values. Find out how at the Trump Accountability Project.
- Democrat staffer Emily Abrams, 6 November: We’re launching the Trump Accountability Project to make sure anyone who took a paycheck to help Trump undermine America is held responsible for what they did. Join us and help spread the word.https://t.co/wtVxGIlYOK.
- Jennifer Rubin (Washington Post) November 6: Any R now promoting rejection of an election or calling to not to follow the will of voters or making baseless allegations of fraud should never serve in office, join a corporate board, find a faculty position or be accepted into “polite” society. We have a list.
Read “Now They Want Unity?” here.