President Joe Biden will give a prime-time address tonight, being billed as “The Soul of the Nation.”
NBC News reports:
The president will lay out how America’s standing in the world and its democracy are at stake, the official said. Biden will highlight what he sees as progress over the past two years to protect our democracy, but note that rights and freedoms remain at risk.
According to officials, Biden “will make clear who is fighting for those rights, fighting for those freedoms, and fighting for our democracy,”
What Won’t Be Discussed
BRIGHT editors list the topics that President Biden will not cover:
- Illegal immigrant children being placed with strangers rather than being returned to family in their home countries (The Epoch Times)
- Border Crisis: Border Patrol Chief testified under oath that Biden’s “no consequences” policy is causing the border crisis (The Political Insider)
- Afghanistan under Taliban rule threatens the entire world — and not just through terrorism (Fox News). A reported $7 billion was left in Taliban’s hands when the U.S. exited Afghanistan 30 August 2021.
BAGRAM AIRBASE: The Taliban conducts military parade at Bagran airbase north of Kabul. The base hosted thousands of US soldiers in the past two decades. Based on watchdogs, the US left $7 billion worth of military equipment after #Afghanistan withdrawal on August 30, 2001. pic.twitter.com/7s5m7f59Gw
— Syed Zabiullah Langari (@syed2000) August 31, 2022
- Biden’s COVID Mandate: Over 20 states have filed a legal brief in support of Navy SEALs battling Biden’s COVID vaccine mandate (The Federalist)
- FBI Whistleblowers: FBI agents have lost confidence in Christopher Wray, lawyer representing whistleblowers says (Fox News)
- The U.S. Housing Recession: Congress isn’t likely to rescue struggling Americans this time (CNN) and that we’re in a housing recession (Politico)
If you’re willing to fight for Main Street America, click here to sign up for the Richardcyoung.com free weekly email.