Hillary Clinton, who has been giving unremarkable speeches to unimposing crowds, as the New Yorker points out, has been blaming Bernie Sanders’s state of Vermont for New York’s crime. Below, The Washington Post quotes Hillary:
[Sanders] frequently says, “We’re a small, rural state, we have no gun laws.” Here’s what I want you to know. Most of the guns that are used in crimes and violence and killings in New York come from out of state. And the state that has the highest per capita number of those guns that end up committing crimes in New York come from Vermont. So this is not, “Oh I live in a rural state we don’t have any of these problems.” This is, you know what, it’s easy to cross borders. Criminals, domestic abusers, traffickers, people who are dangerously ill, they cross borders too. And sometimes they do it to get the guns they use.
Hillary’s nose should be growing (longer). The Post presents fact checking for years 2013 and 2014 on the number of illegal guns found in New York by state of origin.
- Virginia—2nd place for 2013
- Georgia—2nd place for 2014
- Vermont—13th and 14th place respectively of years
Who was 1st place for illegal guns by state of origin for both years? No other than Hillary Clinton’s state of New York.
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- Martin Luther King’s Leadership, Moral Imagination, Strategic Genius - January 20, 2020
- Wow. It’s a Grim America out There - January 17, 2020
- Why People Hate the Press - January 17, 2020