The Staff at Decanter.com has written up a list of the best Champagnes for celebrating 2018’s arrival:
If you haven’t picked your New Year’s Eve 2017 Champagnes yet, there’s still time.
Below, we’ve rounded up our top Champagne recommendations to make your choice easier for the festive season. Plus, see our related links for more ideas.
Champagne, of course, comes in several different styles and at many different price levels. There’s often great deals on grower Champagne, as our tasting team found out this year..
Then, there is vintage Champagne and the prestige cuvée level of wines. You can find plenty of these below. Most are locked for exclusive viewing by Decanter Premium members.
- Krug, Champagne, France, 2002
- Louis Roederer, Cristal, Champagne, France, 2009
- Pierre Péters, Les Chétillons Cuvée Spéciale Blanc de Blancs, 2000
- Pol Roger, Cuvée Sir Winston Churchill, Champagne, 2004
- Dom Pérignon, Oenothèque, Champagne, France, 1996
- Billecart-Salmon, Nicolas Francois Billecart, 2002
- Deutz, Amour de Deutz Rosé Brut, Champagne, France, 2006
- Taittinger, Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs, 2006
- Gosset, Celebris, Champagne, France, 1995
- Ruinart, Dom Ruinart Blanc de Blancs, Champagne, 1996
Read more here.
Latest posts by Richard C. Young (see all)
- Shocked That Macron Is in This Mess - December 10, 2018
- Paris Facing Marauding Nighttime Young Men From the “Banlieues” - December 10, 2018
- Parisian Slums Keep Expanding, French Villages Gradually Disappear - December 10, 2018