The Hill reports on Senator Rand Paul’s class action lawsuit against President Obama, the NSA and others involved in collecting Americans’ telephone metadata.
“I am filing a lawsuit against President Barack Obama because he has publicly refused to stop a clear and continuing violation of the 4th Amendment,” Sen. Rand Paul said in a statement back in February from his political action committee. “The Bill of Rights protects all citizens from general warrants.” He is supported by the 6 million citizens of FreedomWorks. “If you use a phone, you should care about this case,” said FreedomWorks president Matt Kibbe.
The Kentucky senator has been planning the lawsuit for months, which he will file in the Washington, D.C., district court as a private citizen.
Many of his previous statements on the issue have not included Obama as a defendant in the lawsuit.
In addition to Obama and the NSA, the lawsuit will name Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, Director of the National Security Agency Gen. Keith Alexander and FBI Director James Comey.
As previously announced, Ken Cuccinelli will act as lead counsel. Cuccinelli, the former Virginia attorney general, lost the state’s gubernatorial election last year to Terry Mcauliffe.
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Trumpcare: Winning by Losing - March 28, 2017
- After Healthcare Failure, Can GOP Now Muster Tax Reform? - March 27, 2017
- Good News for Conservatives in Trump’s Budget: But Will Congress Support It? - March 24, 2017