Remember back in 2012 when President Obama threw a zinger at Mitt Romney? During a debate, Mr. Romney suggested that Russia was the U.S.’s “number one political foe.” Mr. Obama mocked Romney with, The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because…the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.”
But it wasn’t just President Obama who mocked Romney. From the Federalist, here are four more Democrat mockers:
• Hillary Clinton got in on the action, saying it was “somewhat dated” to be worried about Russia.
• Vice President Joe Biden suggested Romney’s assertion might’ve been either a slip of the tongue, or an indication that he belongs to “a small group of Cold War holdovers.”
• Secretary of State John Kerry suggested during the 2012 Democratic National Convention the former Massachusetts governor’s understanding of Russian relations was gleaned from Cold-War era flicks. “Mitt Romney talks like he’s only seen Russia by watching ‘Rocky IV,’” he said.
• MSNBC’s Chris Matthews and Rachael Maddow both mocked Obama’s then-opponent, claiming he was merely trying to copy Ronald Reagan. “He read about Reagan’s private, outside-the-CIA cabal of team-B zealots who were telling him that Russia had all the stuff they didn’t have so he could justify a giant defense budget,” Maddow said.
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- Hillary Clinton Continues Thumping Her Basket of “Deplorables” - March 16, 2018
- The Truth about the Student Walkout - March 15, 2018
- The Mirage of Australia’s Gun Control - March 15, 2018