COVID continues to infect, hospitalize, kill or impede “scores of thousands of Americans.”
Yet, annually, thousands of Americans are being lost to drug overdoses and opioids. As Pat Buchanan reminds readers in American Conservative, more Americans are dead of the drug problems than those who died during the Vietnam War.
The Bad News: Deficit, China, Our Border, Crime, Defending the Constitution
- The U.S. June trade deficit increased to $91 billion for the month, translating to $1 trillion a year.
- China is the largest component of that trade deficit. China is “an extraordinary level of U.S. dependency on a foreign nation for the vital necessities of national life.”
- Our country is being invaded on our southern border. Every month Biden has been in the White House illegal border crossings have increased, on track to reach 1.8 million this year.
- A president’s 1st constitutional duty is to defend the U.S from foreign invasions. Who decides who will comes into our nation as new citizens? Will unelected officials decide for us?
- Crime is on the rise, exceeding previous years.
Pat asks, if America is unable or cannot control or defend her borders, halt mayhem in our cities, or control our trade surplus, is that not a description of a failing state? American’s dependency on foreign producers is unprecedented. Our budget deficits, as well as our soaring national debt, “continue to break records every year.”
The Good News:
In the September/October issue of The American Conservative is an inside front cover message from Richard C. Young. Its uplifting message is something you’ll want to read.
If you’re willing to fight for Main Street America, click here to sign up for the Richardcyoung.com free weekly email.