On his website, Dr. Joseph Mercola analyzes a study on children’s mask use published in the Journal of the American Medical Association for Pediatrics. He notes these findings (abridged):
- Researchers analyzed the CO2 content of inhaled air among children wearing two types of masks, as well as wearing no mask
- CO2 in inhaled air under surgical and filtering facepiece masks came in between 13,120 ppm and 13,910 ppm; the German Federal Environmental Office set a limit of CO2 for closed rooms of 2,000 ppm
- Younger children appeared to have the highest CO2 values; a level of 25,000 ppm was measured from a 7-year-old wearing a facemask
- The researchers believe the use of facemasks could lead to “impairments attributable to hypercapnia,” which is a buildup of CO2 in the blood
- Children wearing facemasks at school have reported symptoms such as shortness of breath, dizziness, headaches, irritability, fatigue and difficulty concentrating.
Analysis by Joseph Mercola
If you’re willing to fight for Main Street America, click here to sign up for my free weekly email.