Readers liked my 2018 Stocking Stuffer so much, I thought I should repost this post from December 2016 with five more stocking stuffer ideas.
This Christmas, you can make someone you love happier and more secure by loading up their stocking with one or more of these 5 survival stocking stuffers.
- Batteries: Not only are batteries essential on Christmas for powering toys and gadgets for the kids, but they’re an essential part of any survival kit. Having a portable source of power is an immense advantage to anyone in a survival situation. Check out this combo pack from Energizer of AAs and AAAs.
- Flashlight: Darkness is danger. Humans rely most on the sense of sight, and without it, we’re at a major disadvantage. Even the odds for your loved ones by dropping a super powered flashlight in their stocking this year. Check out the J5 Tactical V1-Pro Flashlight, a small but powerful flashlight perfect for stockings.
- Matches: Hypothermia is one of the wild’s most efficient killers. You won’t last long without heat, especially in the North American winter. Matches are a lightweight and reliable way to start a fire anywhere. Give this UCO Titan Stormproof Match Kit to someone you love this year.
- Water Purification Tablets: There is no life without water. Many of the most common survival situations Americans face, like hurricanes and floods, can do serious harm to the local drinking water supplies. Water purification tablets are a great way to keep your family healthy in the face of tainted water. This pack of 100 Aquatabs Water Purification Tablets can be broken down and distributed among your adult family members’ stockings or given as a single gift.
- Pocket Knife: Tool usage is one way humans have risen above the animals. A pocket knife is a lightweight way to carry the advantages of a blade with you everywhere. Good for skinning, fighting, cooking, cutting and poking; a knife can make a world of difference if you’re out of your element and in trouble. The Victorinox Swiss Army Huntsman is a classic survival tool that anyone will enjoy taking down from the mantle.
BONUS ITEM: If you live with the survival king or queen, and they don’t need any of the things here on my list, turn the tables by getting them a Tactical Christmas Stocking with Molle Gear.
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- The Sophistication of Simplicity as it Relates to Your Money - February 24, 2020
- Mayor Mike Thrown Up Against the Wall and Frisked - February 21, 2020
- Breaking News: Why Fidelity is #1 - February 21, 2020