Hurricane Season is well underway. After Hurricane Gordon brought drenching rain to the Gulf Coast, Hurricane Florence is preparing to smash into the Carolinas. I outlined some of the fundamental necessities for hurricane preparation in my post Hurricane Gordon: How to Survive the Storm. Below is additional guidance, this time from FEMA, for those seeking to avoid catastrophe.
Hurricanes are no joke. As you can see from my ongoing coverage of the devastation of Puerto Rico by Hurricane Maria, a powerful storm can change your life from comfortable to survival-focused in the span of a night. Read more on Hurricane Maria’s deadly effects in these posts:
- Survive: Hurricane Maria Deadliest Storm Since 1900
- Hurricane Maria Death Toll in Puerto Rico: Deadlier than 9-11
- Puerto Rico: Self Reliance is the Only Way
- Blackout: The Lights are Out in Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico: A Survival Case Study
Originally posted on Yoursurvivalguy.com.
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- Your Survival Guy Escapes a Heat Wave on the Tom Sawyer - July 22, 2019
- The Donald of Sports Radio Fired and Tucker Carlson Speaks - July 19, 2019
- Part II: The IRS is Coming for Your IRA - July 18, 2019