Based on the operationally-proven Skylark® I system currently used by many coalition partners, the LE version increases the system’s operational range to 15 km and the endurance to approximately 3 hours. The system also features a unique gyroscopicstabilized gimbaled payload optimally integrated with algorithms derived from larger Hermes® 450 UAS to enable auto-tracking of dynamic targets; an impressive capability for a hand-launched UAS.
The Skylark® I-LE combines the characteristics normally reserved for larger unmanned aerial systems within the form-factor of a man-portable system. Skylark® I-LE: setting the standard.
Skylark I-LE is a product-offering of UAS Dynamics, LLC, with offices in Charlotte, NC, Fort Worth, TX, and Fort Mill, SC, is a joint venture between General Dynamics Armament and Technical Products, a business unit of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), and Elbit Systems of America, LLC, wholly owned by Elbit Systems, Ltd., (NASDAQ: ESLT). UAS Dynamics focuses on meeting the expanding and evolving needs of the U.S. Department of Defense and other U.S. government agencies to provide state-of-the-art unmanned aerial systems for the full spectrum of operational requirements.
• Track moving targets
• Gimbled stabilized sensor
• ‘Fly-By-Camera’ operation
• Endurance: 3 hours
• Range: 15 kilometers
• Air vehicle weight: 12.1 pounds
• Silent electric-drive propulsion – inaudible at 500 feet
• No unique recovery equipment required; runway independent
• Rucksack portable
Source: Elbit Systems
- Easy Democrats, Andrew Cuomo Is Not the Guy You Want - April 1, 2020
- Many Sanders Voters will Support Trump over Biden in November - March 30, 2020
- Data Visualization: How Spring Breakers Could Have Spread Coronavirus Across America - March 27, 2020