In Alan Blinder’s recent op-ed “The Trump ‘Jobs Boom’ Is a Convenient Myth” (WSJ op-ed, Oct. 22), Mr. Binder fails to inform readers what Donald Trump accomplished during his pre-pandemic first term:
- Reversed 15 years of declining labor force participation.
- Drove jobless rates to a 50-year low.
- Advanced black employment to record levels.
After 16 years of a flat-lined median household income, the U.S. economy broke out under President Trump.
- 1 million jobs were added to the economy, compared with 11.3 million over all eight years under President Obama.
- Household net worth in the U.S. climbed to over a record-level $100 trillion.
- Prosperity reached all levels, especially amongst lower-income Americans.