Adam Schiff’s Faux Pas (plural pronunciation: foh-PAHZ)
- Rushed through impeachment in the House before the holidays
- Did not get proper authorization to issue subpoenas to witnesses.
- Politicized the calling of witnesses
- Selectively leaked testimonies taken in the House basement—only to whine about partisanship when he wanted to slow down the impeachment trial in the Senate.
That is, Schiff objected to the “same sort of partisanship that he had introduced into the inquiry,” Victor Davis Hanson points out in American Greatness.
Repercussions from Unintended Consequences
Mr. Hanson continues with a list of impeachment farce aftershocks.
- Thanks in part to Schiff, President Trump is polling more strongly now than when Schiff began the circus in September.
- Thanks in part to Schiff, the erstwhile frontrunner and best Democratic presidential chance, Joe Biden, is left hemorrhaging from impeachment’s never-ending embarrassments about Hunter Biden.
- Thanks in part to Schiff, Trump now enjoys more party solidarity than any recent Republican president.
- Thanks in part to Schiff, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has been made irrelevant, and the formula that won the House in 2018 is ancient history.
- Thanks in part to Schiff, Trump rallies have gone ballistic with about 40 percent of his audiences including Democrats and Independents.
Democrats Opposed Ukraine Aid during Obama Reign
David Harsanyi, senior writer for National Review, adds: had not the pubic been subjected to “four years of interminable hysteria over the United States’ imaginary descent into fascism, it might have been less apathetic toward the fate of ‘vital’ Ukrainian aid that most Democrats had voted against when Obama was president.”
Read more here.