When Joe Biden recently announced his veep candidate, Senator Kamala Harris, he asked, “Is anyone surprised Donald Trump has a problem with strong women?”
Well, Joe’s question sure came as one heck of a surprise to President Trump’s White House staff. Women make up half the staff.
Raw Data from The Washington Examiner:
- Overall White House Staff – 48% are women.
- Political Appointees: 169 men, 146 women.
- The President and First Lady’s Staff – 48% women (181 women, 194 men).
- Vice President Pence’s Staff –26 women and 40 men.
- Karen Pence, the VP’s Wife – nine women, no men.
- National Security Council – women account for half the staff.
The Trump White House numbers are a little better than the general American workforce: Trump 48% vs 47% women in the workforce.
The Media’s Brazen Double Standard
But Trump’s numbers are much better than the news industry that regularly attacks the president on women’s policies.
According to the Women’s Media Center, just 41% of employees are women in newsrooms.