Gary Becker, Nobel Prize winner and founder, along with Milton Friedman, of the Chicago school of economics, notes in a recent WSJ interview that ObamaCare does not address the weaknesses in our health-care system. Instead it taxes, regulates and mandates. A good bill would have included:
1. Expansion of Health Saving Accounts.
2. Permission to purchase insurance across state lines, which would have increased competition among insurers
3. Extend tax deductibility of health care spending to individuals, not just employers.
4. Encourage consumers through incentives to pay a larger portion of their health-care costs out of their own pockets.
Repealing ObamaCare will be very difficult, Mr. Becker warns, and Americans, especially our younger generation, will have to fight for their freedom.
Which brings me to the fighting part. Obama, George Soros, and Andy Stern, to name a few, are following Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals to a T. The Left is dedicated to changing the fundamentals of our country and its core values. And ObamaCare is just the beginning. Unless we fight back, there will be more mandates, more regulation, and more spending and taxes. The Obama administration is a runaway train that is not going to stop. If you love what is precious to our country–our freedom and independence based on capitalism, a free market, and an entrepreneurial spirit–please read Rich Lowry’s “Help Us Fight Back” in NRO. National Review On Line has terrific writers (Mark Steyn, Jonah Goldberg, Andrew C. McCarthy, Victor Hanson, Thomas Sowell) and links to other conservative views and analysis, but it is in need of financial help. Dick and I have each contributed to the Emergency NRO Webathon. Please do what you can. The heart and soul of our country is at stake.
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- How Socialism Works in Venezuela - May 24, 2019
- Democrats Can’t Accept the Truth - May 23, 2019
- Key West’s Number One Restaurant: The Thirsty Mermaid - May 23, 2019