In what was Republicans’ one and only chance to have questioned Christine Blasey Ford, Brett Kavanaugh’s principal accuser, they failed to highlight the deep flaws in Dr. Ford’s account.
A lawyer, Andrew C. McCarthy points out, could have been completely respectful of Dr. Ford’s emotional distress and still have asked elementary questions.
Elementary Questions Not Asked of Dr. Ford:
- Isn’t it a fact that you don’t know where or when this purported assault happened?
- Isn’t it a fact that you can’t tell us how you got there?
- You just know the house was several miles from your home, but it is a fact, is it not, that you can’t tell us how you got home?
- You’ve told us that you were terrified running out of the house after the attack, but you can’t tell us who rescued you and drove you away?
- You remember 36 years ago that you had exactly one beer at the party, you remember hearing your alleged attackers go downstairs, you remember exactly the route you took to get out of the house, yet you can’t tell us what happened after you left the house?
- So, you’re sure the party happened, but you can’t say when it happened, you can’t say where it happened, you don’t know how you got there, you don’t know how you got home, and every person you’ve identified as a witness says that they have no memory of the party and that they never saw Brett Kavanaugh act the way you’ve described, isn’t that right?
For much more from Andrew McCarthy go here.
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- Despite Predictions, Two Years of Trump Hasn’t Destroyed the World - October 19, 2018
- Cherokee Nation Angered by Sen. Warren’s Releasing DNA Results - October 18, 2018
- Pow Wow Chow and Elizabeth Warren - October 16, 2018