In what should have been headline news this week, the Senate confirmed
Mr. Trump’s 23rd appellate nominee.
Instead, we have been treated to, as Victor Davis Hanson notes, nonstop coverage on:
- hysteria over the Russian summit
- Mueller collusion probe and unsupported allegations and rumors
- Strzok and Page testimonies
- ongoing congressional investigations into improper CIA and FBI behavior
- a completely unhinged media
According to the WSJ, the President’s confirms break the record held by George H.W. Bush for most appellate-court nominees confirmed in a president’s first two years. There are seven appellate-court nominees awaiting Senate confirmation, five nominees pending for vacancies that will occur in the future, and 14 current vacancies to fill.
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- Bernie Sanders’ Crushing Failure in Vermont - February 22, 2019
- Bernie Sanders Plan? Redistribution, not Retirement Savings - February 21, 2019
- A Widening Ideological Gulf - February 20, 2019