In what should have been headline news this week, the Senate confirmed
Mr. Trump’s 23rd appellate nominee.
Instead, we have been treated to, as Victor Davis Hanson notes, nonstop coverage on:
- hysteria over the Russian summit
- Mueller collusion probe and unsupported allegations and rumors
- Strzok and Page testimonies
- ongoing congressional investigations into improper CIA and FBI behavior
- a completely unhinged media
According to the WSJ, the President’s confirms break the record held by George H.W. Bush for most appellate-court nominees confirmed in a president’s first two years. There are seven appellate-court nominees awaiting Senate confirmation, five nominees pending for vacancies that will occur in the future, and 14 current vacancies to fill.
If you’re willing to fight for Main Street America, click here to sign up for the Richardcyoung.com free weekly email.