After he answered thousands of questions, and endured hours of hearings, Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination has been approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee and will move forward to the full Senate for a vote.
Sen. Jeff Flake, who was initially hesitant to vote in Kavanaugh’s favor, agreed to vote for the judge’s nomination to move to the full Senate. Flake stipulated though that he would only vote for Kavanaugh on the floor if an FBI investigation into the allegations of Christine Blasey Ford was performed.
Senator John Cornyn of Texas has announced a week long delay of confirmation proceedings to give the FBI time to perform their investigation.
Read our analysis of the Kavanaugh confirmation process here:
- The Stakes Go to the Core of Our Country’s Principles
Finally, the Kavanaugh/Ford spectacle is over. Ms. Ford was unable to muster evidence on her claim of sexual assault by Brett Kavanaugh. In a powerful statement, Judge Kavanaugh adamantly and categorically denied the charges by Ms. Ford.
- Brett Kavanaugh, Bullied by Democrats “Utterly Convincing”
At The American Conservative, Rod Dreher praises Brett Kavanaugh’s testimony at his confirmation hearing yesterday. Despite a compelling performance by Chistine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s forceful recounting of the time and his life made believing him easy.
- Judge Kavanaugh’s Diary a Life Saver
The most important piece of evidence in a day that had very little of it, was the diary Judge Brett Kavanaugh kept throughout his life—a practice he learned from his father who did the same. Because having that diary enabled Judge Kavanaugh to forcefully refute Ford’s charges, without a doubt.
- Dimwitted Senator Sheldon Whitehouse is an Embarrassment
The incompetence of Senate Democrats was on full display yesterday in Diane Feinstein’s disgraceful pursuance of the Ford/Kavanaugh witch hunt.
- Lord Tells Democrats: Enough is Enough
Jeffrey Lord writes at The American Spectator that “Enough is enough.” Despite Democrats’ best efforts, Lord says, Judge Kavanaugh has emerged a hero through this ordeal, just as Clarence Thomas did.
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham Defends Brett Kavanaugh at Hearing
Brett Kavanaugh Senate Confirmation Hearing
- Here’s the Best Estimate Yet of How Deadly COVID-19 Really Is - April 8, 2020
- Best Wishes to Prime Minister Boris Johnson for a Speedy Recovery - April 7, 2020
- Surgeon General and CDC Director Say Death Toll Might Not Be so High - April 7, 2020