A friend forwarded this to me and I’m doing the same for you. Pass it on…
Following the horrific terror attack on a nightclub in Orlando, Fla., in June, all of the usual suspects—from President Barack Obama to presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton to U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer—began calling for the same old non-solutions to terror, murder and criminal violence.
And true to form, gun-hating politicians and many in the anti-gun “mainstream” media started pointing fingers—mostly at the 5 million law-abiding Americans who are members of the National Rifle Association.
But even in the face of the media’s constant vilification, the majority of Americans understand that the NRA is far from an enemy to America. In its most basic form, NRA is simply millions of Americans who care deeply about their God-given, constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms, and who have banded together to ensure that right isn’t trampled into dust.
In fact, if you have even a smidgen of knowledge about the organization, it’s hard to understand why NRA and its members are considered villains by anybody—which helps to explain why confidence in the media is at a historic low. Consider:
– NRA trains more law enforcement officers each year than any other organization, anywhere.
– NRA trains military members who are actively fighting the war on terror (most recently, Indiana National Guard members after the attacks on recruiting offices in Chattanooga, Tenn.).
– NRA provides grants for the purchase of body armor and training ammunition for law enforcement agencies.
– NRA has 121,000 trained firearm instructors on its rolls, who teach thousands upon thousands of Americans gun safety techniques each year. (In comparison, so-called Everytown for Gun Safety has zero.)
– Many of NRA’s 5 million law-abiding members have trained extensively to safely carry firearms in order to protect themselves and others.
– Many members are active duty or retired military and law enforcement, who have proudly served on the front lines for their country and proudly call NRA their organization of choice.
Latest posts by E.J. Smith - Your Survival Guy (see all)
- O Canada: “Sports Bind Us Together in our Pain and Heartache” - April 20, 2018
- How Would You Evacuate? Could You? - April 20, 2018
- Blackout: The Lights are Out in Puerto Rico - April 19, 2018