Some thoughts about the progressive puppeteers behind the Biden administration’s executive order gun grab.
- Gun control is simply about one word: POWER.
- The Second Amendment was created by the Founders to protect YOU, not hunting rights.
- The gun control executive orders will do nothing to make the “streets” safer.
- How do you think David Chipman, Biden’s nominee for ATF Director, who worked for Gabby Giffords’s anti-gun outfit, will rule?
- Ghost gun ban? It’s a non-starter. Thugs aren’t making guns in their science lab in their mom’s basement. They’re buying them on the streets or from shady dealers and filing off the serial numbers.
- Want to “Make Streets Safe Again?” Make buying a gun as easy as voting.
- That’s a voting law I can get behind.
- My colleague emails: “Banning pistol braces is political theater. Whether a pistol is braced or not, it doesn’t turn into a rifle. You can only get so much accuracy, range, and power out of a barrel so small.”
- Why is $5 billion in the so-called “infrastructure package” being spent on investments in “community violence intervention programs over eight years.” How is that infrastructure exactly?
- I think this recent headline pretty much sums up big government: “Postal Service Plan Sees Higher Prices Slower Mail, Fewer Services”
- This from American Secession by F.H. Buckley in the section on Bigness and Badness [my emphasis added in bold]:
That was one argument for smallness, but Montesquieu had a second one, which concerns the corrupting influence of wealth and the arrogance and indifference of the super-rich. There would be greater personal fortunes in large republics, and the super-wealthy wouldn’t have the sense that we’re all in this together, so they would care less about their country. As Montesquieu put it, “A man will first feel that he can be happy, great, and glorious without his country; and shortly that he can be happy over the ruins of his country.”
- There is virtue in being dangerous.
Action Line: Get your guns and your training now. Email this along to someone you care about. We can’t be an army of one.
Originally posted on Your Survival Guy.
If you’re willing to fight for Main Street America, click here to sign up for the Richardcyoung.com free weekly email.