President John F. Kennedy –
- Had Addison‘s disease, a serious hormonal condition, which he covered up.
- Denied his many extra-marital affairs with gangster molls and Hollywood stars.
- Lied about a non-existent “missile gap” in the 1960 presidential race. Once elected, he allowed the Pentagon to announce that no missile gap existed.
President Bill Clinton –
- Narrowly escaped impeachment for lying about his Oval Office affair with Monica Lewinsky (“I did not have sexual relations with that woman”).
President Barack Obama –
- Lied almost daily about his health care proposal, promising, “If you like your health care plan you’ll be able to keep your health care plan.”
- That lie helped secure the passage of Obamacare and compelled four million Americans to seek another health care plan.
Lyndon B. Johnson –
- Repeatedly promised not to send American boys 9 or 10 thousand miles away from home to do what “Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves.” At the very same time and with Johnson’s approval, the Pentagon was drawing up plans to send the first wave of more than 100,000 American servicemen to Vietnam.
- His macho determination not to “lose” Vietnam led him to keep increasing the number of American troops until they reached over 500,000.
- His strategy produced ever mounting U.S. fatalities, reaching a total of 58,000 by the time fighting ended in 1973.
From Lee Edwards at The Federalist.
The following two tabs change content below.
Debbie, editor-in-chief of Richardcyoung.com, has been associate editor of Dick Young’s investment strategy reports for over three decades. When not in Key West, Debbie spends her free time researching and writing in and about Paris and Burgundy, France, cooking on her AGA Cooker, driving her Porsche Boxter S through Vermont and Maine, and practicing yoga.
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- What Makes Donald Trump Different? - August 23, 2019
- Senator Elizabeth Warren Chairs a Century-Long Taxpayer Fleecing - August 22, 2019
- Democratic Candidates Forced to Resort to “Wealth Inequality” - August 21, 2019