Policy demands today are no longer moderate or incremental, Peggy Noonan points out in the WSJ.
Current America, with its moderating institutions (churches) going down and its dividing institutions (the internet) rising, sees our polarization not as something to be healed but a reason for being, something to get up for. There’s a finality to it, a war-to-the-death quality.
- It’s not enough that contraceptives be covered in the government-mandated plan; the nuns must conform.
- It’s not enough you be sensitive to the effect of your words and language; you must be punished for saying or thinking the wrong thing.
- It’s not enough that gay marriage is legal; you must be forced to bake the cake.
- It won’t do that attention be paid to scientific arguments on the environment; America must upend itself with green new deals or be judged not to care about children.
Read more here.
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- Who You Goin’ to Believe? Me or Your Lying Eyes? - June 25, 2019
- The Dawn of a New Kind of War – Trump Orders a Cyber Attack - June 24, 2019
- Democrats’ Pie-in-the-Sky Proposals - June 24, 2019