Michael Scheuer lays out a checklist for dealing with the “resistance” to the Trump administration, as well as the misguided foreign intervention policies currently being considered by the Trump administration.
I have a strong case of heart-burn over Trump’s military intervention in Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan. The result of these delusional exercises in reinforcing defeat will be the well-established norm: dead, maimed, and PTSD-ed Marines and soldiers; billions of wasted dollars; and more defeats.
How could General McMaster and his fellow generals, for example, believe that the retaking of cities in Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan is a game that is worth the candle?
The actor John Wayne is reputed to have said that “Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you are stupid.” U.S. generals have thoroughly validated Mr. Wayne’s words, and their pensions and post-military, corporate-director salaries ought to be confiscated to help pay for the enormous costs U.S. taxpayers are going to pay for having their military mired in demolished cities and responsible for administering, feeding, and rebuilding them as the trophy for the feckless campaign that captures them, but leaves an unbeaten, stronger, and more elusive Islamist insurgent enemy in the field.
Back to the so-called anti-Trump “resistance”, which, of course, will soon field the wholly-owned, Democratic Party-subsidiary known as the “American Peace Movement,” which I noticed was utterly silent during gangster-Obama’s rule, though that cold-blooded thug murdered far more civilians than all of the covert operations undertaken in the decade prior to his election, probably by a factor of 50-to-1 or more.
What to do? Two courses of action are in order.
A) The first is for President Trump and his team to accelerate their campaign to make good on the goals set and promises made by Trump during the election.
- Restore Americans’ faith in the rule of law.
- Complete the annihilation of Obama care.–
- Reduce tax rates to the lowest possible point in all categories–
- Build the southern border wall as quickly as possible, no more dithering.
- Remove all illegal aliens – they are all criminals — from the United States, forcibly if necessary.
- Forget trying to withhold funds from sanctuary cities, towns, states, and campuses.,
- Permanently stop all taxpayer-funding for Planned Parenthood–
- Make NAFTA, and other trade agreements, America friendly or abandon or abrogate them.
- Make all policy decisions, personnel appointments, and spending plans on education into crystal-clear and effective preliminaries to terminating the existence of the U.S. Department of Education.
- Fix the Veterans’ Administration with rapid and ruthless efficiency.
- End more than a century of republic-killing overseas interventionism, all foreign aid, and all immigration for three-years.
B.) With what Trump already has accomplished, moderate, visible, and tangible advances on the issues above ought to be enough to enlarge his majorities in Congress, and to reelect him in 2020.
Read more here.
Originally posted May 16, 2017.
Latest posts by Richard C. Young (see all)
- Blackwater Founder Eric Prince a Hillsdale College Graduate - July 15, 2019
- Poland’s Institutional Catholic Church Crisis - July 15, 2019
- Bolton, Carlson Square off at National Conservatism Conference. - July 15, 2019