Dave Sr. and Dick Young went back to August 1971.
Now Dave has passed away, I have lost not only the best friend I ever had in the investment industry, but also one of the most talented individuals I have ever known.
For decades some in the investment industry rolled their sorry eyes at me when I would tell them, “no matter what you can do, Dave Hammer can do it better.”
Dave did not follow the rules or the order of the day. To the contrary. But as I learned early in our friendship, disagreeing with Dave Hammer was usually a bad idea.
Dave was an uncompromising student and analyst. During all my institutional investing era years, no one I met knew the real inside guys like Dave did.
I was never sure exactly how, but as they say ”who needs to know.”
It was Dave Hammer always, and that was that.
Here are some of my favorites from, and about, Dave:
- You’ve Read the Last Issue of Intelligence Report: Dave Hammer on WD-40
- Dave Hammer: How The Beatles Changed Rock & Roll
- Dave Hammer’s Top 50 Rock and Roll Classics
- Churchill on Socialism, Jealousy, and Misery
- Dave Hammer: Way Down on the Swanee
- Dave Hammer’s Rock Around the Clock
- Shotgun Techniques from a Pro