Francis Menton of the Manhattan Contrarian would have liked to have asked President Obama and Mitt Romney the following questions before the last presidential election. Asking these questions of the upcoming presidential candidates might prove useful to voters.
- Do you think that the Federal government has an infinite ability to borrow without causing damage to the country and the economy?
- Does the President have any responsibility to contribute to operating the government in a financially responsible manner?
- Are Federal entitlements as currently structured sustainable? If not, what is your plan to make them sustainable?
- Are you going to continue the war against energy?
- Are you going to stand up for free trade or are you going to keep bashing China?
- When are you going to get specific about necessary spending cuts?
- Are you going to work toward getting government spending in line with revenues, or do you think that deficits are a “stimulus” so the bigger the better no matter how wasteful the spending?
Latest posts by Debbie Young (see all)
- Trump at Helsinki: Matching Obama’s Apology Tour - July 18, 2018
- The Trump-Putin Meeting–a Missed Opportunity for Trump? - July 17, 2018
- NATO: the Sacred Cow to the Elite? - July 16, 2018