Matthew Fay of the Niskanen Center writes that the GOP Congress is using fiscal gimmicks to put more money into the Pentagon.
As both houses of Congress throw fiscal sanity to the side, using budget gimmicks to inflate the Pentagon’s budget through its war funding account, here are articles and reports for your weekend defense reading pleasure offering context as to why we spend so much on defense with so little effect:
– Writing at War on the Rocks, the Cato Institute’s Christopher Preble explains that it is an expansive foreign policy which drives America’s ever increasing defense spending.
– In regards to one of the most pressing current issues in U.S. foreign policy, Robert Farley of the University of Kentucky writes in The National Interest that while an attack on Iran’s nuclear program might enjoy some initial military success, it will inevitably fail.
Read more from Fay here.
- Coronavirus is About to Engulf Mexico: Secure the Border Now! - April 2, 2020
- Newport RI Landlord Cuts Tenants’ Rent in Half for April - April 2, 2020
- Why is the Media so Eager to Carry Communist China’s Water? - April 2, 2020