A battle over the defense budget is heating up in Congress, as the House Budget Committee appears set to put forward a resolution maintaining defense spending levels in line with Budget Control Act spending limits. Outside of Congress though, debates are taking place that could influence the size and shape of the military for years to come. With that in mind, here are some articles and reports to get you up to speed:
– Dr. Jerry Hendrix of the Center for a New American Security authors a report on a strategy to get America’s fiscal house in order while maintaining U.S. global leadership.
– Dr. James Holmes of the Naval War College has an interesting piece at RealClearDefense on how the U.S. Navy needs a “paradigm shift.” One might ask though after reading whether Dr. Holmes’ suggestion for a “new” paradigm is much different than the Navy’s “old” paradigm?
Read more here.
- Why Some Kids Won’t Go Back to School, Ever - April 3, 2020
- More Bold Lies Out of China - April 3, 2020
- Duterte Says Shoot Philippines Lockdown Violators “Dead” - April 3, 2020