Ixquick search engine offers you privacy you don’t get from Google or Bing. Check out www.Ixquick.com for “the world’s most private search engine.”
Here are 10 ways Ixquick works to protect your privacy:
- Ixquick doesn’t store your IP address, use tracking cookies, or make a record of your searches.
We do not keep any information about the people who search through Ixquick or what they search for. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.
- Ixquick protects you from NSA surveillance and spying.
Your search session with Ixquick is protected through powerful SSL encryption so no one – not hackers, not your ISP, not even the federal government – can eavesdrop on your searches. (Read more here)
- Ixquick gives you high quality results in complete privacy.
When you search with Ixquick, we remove all identifying information from your query and submit it anonymously to multiple other search engines for you. We get the results and return them to you in total privacy.
- Ixquick is a Dutch company, so it is not under US jurisdiction.
Because our company is based in the Netherlands, US data collection programs like PRISM, the Patriot Act, FISA courts, etc. do not directly apply to us. We have never cooperated with spying programs like PRISM. (Plus we have no user data to begin with.)
- Ixquick offers a free proxy with every search.
With our proxy, not only can you search privately, but you can view the pages you find through Ixquick anonymously and in complete security. To learn more, please see our combined Startpage/Ixquick proxy overview video here.
- Ixquick is third-party certified for privacy.
We not only promise our users total privacy, we back up those claims with rock-solid evidence, through stringent third-party auditing and certification.
- Ixquick has been doing privacy longer than anyone else – since way before privacy was “cool”.
Our company was founded in 1999, and we’ve been focused on privacy since 2006.
- When it comes to security, Ixquick runs the tightest ship on the Internet.
We’ve been ahead of the privacy curve for years, and we consistently outscore other search engines on independent measures of security. We were the first search engine to offer default SSL encryption, and now we are the first private search engine to offer Perfect Forward Secrecy and the latest version of Transport Layer Security.
- Ixquick breaks you free of the search engine “Filter Bubble”.
Major search engines now “personalize” or “pre-screen” the search results they serve you, based on what they know about you from past searches and other services you use. While some people love this, others see it as privacy-invading censorship. Regardless of your views, with Ixquick, you get clean, anonymous, non-filtered results every time, because nobody knows who you are.
- By using Ixquick, you send a powerful pro-privacy message in the marketplace.
Each time you use an online service, you cast a vote in support of the policies and practices of that service. By using Ixquick, you are casting a powerful vote for a private Internet where people can access information anonymously without fear of government surveillance or reprisal.