Do restrictive pandemic responses work? On Mercola.com, Dr. Joseph Mercola discusses a documentary comparing the COVID-19 response in two different countries; Sweden, where a hands-off approach was taken, and Scotland, where draconian measures were implemented. He writes (abridged):
- In a short documentary, CAN Films explored pandemic outcomes in Scotland, which began requiring vaccine passports October 1, 2021, with those of Sweden, which rejected forced lockdowns in favor of voluntary measures
- With half the population of Sweden, Scotland scored a higher excess death rate for 2020, with much more restrictive pandemic responses
- Sweden fared better than Scotland on many pandemic outcome measures, including excess deaths, weight gain, alcohol-related deaths, inflation and economic viability
- Sweden did not mandate face masks at any point during the pandemic and, in July 2021, also dropped their “vague recommendation” to wear one at all
- Scotland implemented a vaccine passport requirement October 1, 2021; backlash from hospitality and other groups has ensued.
Dr. Joseph Mercola.
Read more here.
If you’re willing to fight for Main Street America, click here to sign up for my free weekly email.